Tuesday 9 December 2008

Almost Christmas!!!..... how scary!

First of all a huge congratulations to Sam and Tamar for getting through to the finals in Pole Divas and competing against the best dancers in the country! What a rush that must have felt, i so so very proud of them both :-)

I don't know about you, but i really don't feel like its Christmas. I have tried to get into the Christmas spirit by singing along to the classics, arranging to see family members during the important days. But all i would like to do is have long lie ins, go for long walks over the moors and just chill out! Uni really doesn't like to be kind to its students, just when i thought i was getting through the piles of course work, presentations and having 2 jobs, i get the thrill of revising for 2 exams and completing more course work in the first week i return from Christmas, which basically means..... no holiday for me!

Chris is very understanding of these circumstances, hence he is taking me away to Amsterdam for 5 days for New Years. I'm so excited as i have never really explored Europe like i have the rest of the world. Amsterdam has such a fun and crazy reputation, it sounds like just what i need to get away from everything here. We will be going for another couple, so i think i will be coming home with face ache from too much laughing :-D

I have come to a time in my life where my maternal instincts are getting so strong its starting to scare me, so i have decided Chris and I have to get a dog! Chris is very fond of this idea, but not so fond about moving house so that we can get one. We live in a top floor flat, which is not very suitable to bring up a puppy, and the area is always full of glass on the floor (Not nice in the slightest!). I started looking around yesterday and found it almost impossible where landlords like pets in the building! I have suggested that we will pay for professional cleaning but still not many are keen. Chris and I have had dogs all of our lives so its not like we are ammeters and will let them run wild like hyenas. So fingers crossed for the new year.

The UPPDC classes have been going very well and the girls have progressed fast, we are holding competitions very soon next year between other uni's,  we have had so much great feedback about our idea that i am surprised no one has done anything about it before. It's great to know my time at uni with my committee will make a difference to university history.

In January on Wednesday 28th we will be holding a charity show case in the SU raising money for certain muscular charities. We will be performing for a couple of hours and will party more afterwards, so keep this date free in your diaries as everyone is welcome, all we ask for is a donation on entry.

Right that's me for now, i have more work to be getting on with, I have an exam next Tuesday so must get my head down.
Take care and have a wonderful Christmas
Nixi
xx

1 comment:

sam@theartofdance.co.uk said...

A dog - how lovely, you can bring it to work if you like and it can sit in the office with me! Sam x